Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed in design of microstrip yagi antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

lag

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing microstrip yagi antenna and simulating it in HFSS. But even though i add no of directors the gain does not increase substantially as it should. I have also maintained the distance between the directors and feed according to the data given in some research papers. I would like to know whether data from research papers(same data also available in Balanis book) which is generally applicable to antenna with rod shaped elements suspended in air applicable to microstrip yagi antenna on PCB substrate.

To increase the gain of Yagi antenna more important than just adding more directors, is to optimize the distance between them, especially the distance between first director and driven element. Otherwise is possible the first director to behave as a reflector, and whatever more directors you add, there will be no gain increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back