Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed for board level power supply design

Status
Not open for further replies.

arizona999

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to design a board level power supply with 24~25V DC output
and 5A maximum current output. Could any body please tell me where
I am able to find any useful material for the selection of the components
in this design such as the Transformer, diode bridge, bypass capacitor
and linear voltage regulator or switched mode voltage regualtor?

Thanks a lot for any helping!

Price competition by manufacturers has resulted in it being less costly to buy a supply instead of making one, especially for low quantities and if you have no special shape requirements.

flatulent said:
Price competition by manufacturers has resulted in it being less costly to buy a supply instead of making one, especially for low quantities and if you have no special shape requirements.

actually, I want to put the power supply board into a small box. The transformer should be small enough to put in it.

In fact, the transformer is always depended on the output power. so i am agree with flatulent. if your power supply is not for special requirements, you can find one on market.

arizona999 said:
actually, I want to put the power supply board into a small box. The transformer should be small enough to put in it.

If your power supply will be insides a 'small' box, then you should consider switching regulator. In switching regulator, the transformer is much smaller compared to transformer used in conventional method.

Status
Not open for further replies.