Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help need for designing power amplifier in ADS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pusparaga

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sir,
I am beginner for design of power amplifier in ADS2009. I have noticed in the ADS 2009 Design Guide > Power Amplifier Examples - By Class Of Operation > class B > Load Pull -PAE,Output Power Contours, they have taken the GaAsFET FET1 transistor nonlinear model and also shown the STATZ_Model. I am having the following doubts

(1) From where they have taken GaAsFET FET1 transistor, in which library they have taken GaAsFET FET transistor.

(2) For designing the power amplifier at some watts, gain and efficiency. Power amplifier always, they are handling the high powers. Do we need to take the linear or non linear transistor. If we go for non linear transistor, where they are available in ADS2009.

One more design discussed in the Agilent documentation, they have used the ADS2004.I noticed that they have also used the FSL_MRF_MET_MODEL,MRF9045M model. Is this model model available in ADS 2009, if it is available, where it is available. Here also why they have used the nonlinear model. My doubt is if we design PA, must we go for nonlinear device model transistor ?. On what basis we need to select the nonlinear device model (like based on the output power, company).

I am attaching the related documents

Attachments

• ADS2009_ClassB_Example.png
    ADS2009_ClassB_Example.png
    297.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Document_Example.png
    Document_Example.png
    272.3 KB · Views: 186
  • Presention of Power Amplifier Design Using ADS.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 170

Sir,
Suppose If I design the class 'E' power amplifier at 2.6GHz. Do I need to select the transistor (nonlinear) based on the frequency of operation , desired output power,
desired gain and p1dB compression point ?. Can you anybody help me to settle down this difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back