Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help:Measure LC-VCO' phase noise contribution of each device

Status
Not open for further replies.

jps

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As we know, in spectre, pss+pnoise can get the phase noise of VCO.
but if I want to know which device contribute the most phase noise, how then?

Thanks in advance!!!

(I am a new comer of VCO, also spectre. so this maybe a silly question.)

I want to the answer, too. Is there anyone helping us? Thank you!!

You can get the data you want from the "Result -> Print" menu of the Analog Environment window.
When the PSS/Pnoise simulation is finished you should have a "noise" item in this menu.
A window will appear where you can set the frequency at which you want the noise value, the number of device you want to see and also the type (transistor, resistor and so on).
This will give you a list of the device creating noise at the set frequency by size order.

You can get the data you want from the "Result -> Print" menu of the Analog Environment window.
When the PSS/Pnoise simulation is finished you should have a "noise" item in this menu.
A window will appear where you can set the frequency at which you want the noise value, the number of device you want to see and also the type (transistor, resistor and so on).
This will give you a list of the device creating noise at the set frequency by size order.

Thank you very much! It's very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.