Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me write an USB interface code in Assembly for PC and microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

padmavathi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My project is "DEVELOPMENT OF USB PORT INTERFACE TO MICROCONTROLLER UNIT".Here I need to establish a USB interface between the PC and microcontroller.The IC iam using is PDIUSBD12 and the microcontroller is P89C51RD2.I need to write the code in assembly language.Do i need to write a code for enumeration?

USB interface

i use FTDI IC to convert USB connection into serial one, so i don't need any level converter such as RS232. and the MCu can use serial connection TX and RX on it...

Re: USB interface

I feel that the PDIUSBD12 will do the enumeration.

Hi

I don't know so much about your chip.
but most of most of Semiconductors will do the enumeration by itself "as I understood"
Most probably if you program your descriptors to the chip Registers so the chip will do enumeration by itself.
if you didn't program the descriptors to the chip so it couldn't do enumeration by itself because in order to do enumeration the chip must know the descriptors.

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
ww.i-g.org

buy the microcontroller module to SPARKFUN ELECTRONICS
is cheap and download the windows xp driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back