Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with smart traffic lights setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilson82

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
smart traffc

hi currently im working on this project. i would like to enquire if is there any experience ppl to help me regarding the traffic ligt setup.

Re: smart traffc

im also trying to build a traffic light system. what are your requirements. are u going to use a microcontroller. at what scale the project is going to be. will it be a full scale system with big lights and stuff like that. do u want to include sensors.

there are lots of traffic light projects on the net (do a google on this). studying other peoples projects might help u in deciding what u want to build

im including sensor in my traffic light. but wat the approperiate sensor to use think of ultrasonc sensor. regarding led i haven got the time to check it out at the electronic shop. s wat ur suggestion.?

u can use PIR (passive infra red) sensors. if the thing is just going to be a scale model the sensor could also be a push button. but thats just too simple!!!!

ultrasonic sensors are good but that might be expensive and complex. plz tell me what is the project meant to do. is it a full scale project or just a science competition project.

for the indicating lights u can use bulbs or LEDs. for bulbs u will have to use triacs. the triacs will trigger the bulbs. but they will consume alot of power. so u should use LEDs. they dont consume much power and u wont need the triacs as well. try to find the cheapest LEDs u can get because u are gonna need lots of them if this is a full scale project

and one thing more, do u plan to use a count-down timer on the traffic lights too???

im including a count down cunteralso me doin small scale one i using seven segment to do counting.

what will u be using for the control logic. have u used microcontrollers. doing this type of project with discrete components will be workable but a microcontroller based solution will be better

smart traffc

use verilog to desing a state machine, which will save your work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back