Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with a simple antenna that can locate a transmitter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

al_cloudps

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Undergrad's project

I want to build a simple antenna that can locate a transmitter without prior knowing where it is... Its probably located at a distance of a soccer field... What the type of antenna should i build?? Im just a beginner in this field.
Probably an antenna that has high directionality and high gain??

Re: Undergrad's project

What is the frequency?

Maybe dipole, patch, horn. These are pretty basic to design and should work. Dipoles at high frequencies, above 7 GHz are not very pratical. Patches are simple to build if you have the materials and horns you can build from circuit board materials and will work fine for a small project.

a small hand held yagi-uda is very popular, usually 5 elements or so depending on your frequency

It is for 2.45GHZ. Is Helical antenna a good design for this task? We do not need a wide bandwidth, just have to detect the signal clearly n search out where the signals coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back