Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me understand the concept of bandpass

Status
Not open for further replies.

roustabout

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Bandpass anyone?

I dont understand the meaning of bandpass. Can anyone suggest me what should i read to understand this concept of bandpass, wideband and etc. Thank you

Bandpass anyone?

You can read the theory of filter. Example, lowpass filter, highpass filter, bandpass filter or band reject filter. About wideband, as the definition of ITU, all the data stream with bandwidth higher 2.048 MHZ(Europe) or 1.544MHz(South Africal) is called wideband(broadband), if lower is narrow band.
It is my opinion, so you can check it. Bye

Re: Bandpass anyone?

Hi Friend,

There are a lot of books available on filter design and synthesis. These all definitely include a chapter or two about the basics also. Alternatively in any elementary electronics book, you will find these details. There is a book from R Rhea by Nobel, which would be a good start if you are to focus on passive filters.

Regards.

Bandpass filters are filters which only allow transmission of a certain band of frequencies and reject all others (in theory !) above and below

Usually resonators are used to achieve bandpass filters, that is elements that have a very frequency selective response

If you want to know about filters then go no further than the bible - Matthei, Young & Jones !

Bandpass anyone?

You must study basic electronics about filter which had low, high, band, notch, bandstop and others.

bandpass filter is also a high-pass filter right? except that it allows certain and specific frequencies to pass in.

Thanks everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back