Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me to design anuular slot antenna in IE3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainak001

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
slot antenna design in ie3d

I want to design the structure given in the paper.

Please tell me how to design the annular section .. I am uploading the paper and ie3D file I have designed .

paper..

design of slot antenna

The annular slot antenna paper is given below..

Hi, mainak001:

Your did not make the hole of ring. Here are a series of files illustrating the steps.

Regards,

Thank U very much for the help.. Now i'am able to construct the geo ..

Just some quaries .. Fundamental one ..

In this paper they are using an substrate whose Er=10.8 and h=0.635

And still they want to use it as a useful antenna .. Is it possible ??

A per my knowledge for antenna purpose the Er shd be less than 9.8(alumina).And height shd be greater than 0.854 ..

After simulation i'm getting very bad resuls .. Please clarify my doubts ..

Hi, mainak001:

Higher Er and smaller H will confine the field more into the substrate. It is normally not good for radiation purpose. However, you can still be able to tune the feeding network to achieve good matching so that most of the energy will be radiated out. Normally, the bandwidth will be narrower for high Er and smaller H even you are still able to match it at the center frequency.

Best regards,

Hi,

I want to design a spiral antenna for 11n band (in 5GHz band), my priority is in PCB.

Can anybody help me in working with CAD within/along CST MWS?

Best Regard's
Minar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back