Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me:The result of The genesys design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IICCEE

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
genesys oscillator design

When I used genesys to design a VCO and select the AT320,for a 900MHz VCO.
I get the ircorrect result,why?

Some one check the genesys VCO design?

vco design & genesys

IICCEE said:
When I used genesys to design a VCO and select the AT320,for a 900MHz VCO.
I get the ircorrect result,why?

Some one check the genesys VCO design?

Genesys 2003.03 has 2 tools for oscillators design:
1. Oscillators Synthesys, based on Open loop Gain criteria and
2. Closed loop nonlinear oscillator analysis, new mode of Harbec - HB-analysis program, integrated in GENESYS.

1st tool is based on linear active divice model - s2p-parameters file.
The synthesys tool did not takes into account, that the DC-regime of the real nonlinear device will be changed, when it will be shunted by low-ohmic port imedance. When you changed the device model to nonlinear, don't forget install the blocking capacitor in serial with load (input/output port), else it not will work.

2nd tool is working with closed-loop, i.e. real oscillator's circuit.
It includes:
1) small-signal analysis of oscillations conditions (checking a node's impedance, where you set the "OSC_PORT"):
Re(Zosc_port)<0 and Im(Zosc_port)=0.
Of course the port may be choosen as load port, but not always - sometimes after closing feedback the circuit don't shows the oscillations criteria satisafaction at a frequency, while if connect the testing OSC_PORT to an internal circuit's node (may be where the circuit has the maximal ac-voltage, when it's oscillating);
As result after pushig button "Find Initial Oscillator Frequency" of the Harbec Options/Oscillator tab, the small signal frequency of oscillations (FoscSS) will be found, if it exists. If you set checkbox "Display Spectrum and waveform graphs", than after 1-st running of the HB-analysis the oscillator analysis output graphs and tables will be created automatically:
- spectrum, waveforms and table, which shows actual value of the oscillations frequency in nonlinear regime - result of HB-oscillator analysis.
2) Nonlinear oscillator analysis.
The circuit is analized as circuit with external exitation with unknown frequency (Fosc) and amplitude (Vosc).
The oscillator port is modeling by the sin-voltage source with amplitude Vosc_port and frequency Fosc, connected to the OSC_PORT-node of the circuit through frequency-dependent switch, which is ON the only at 1st harmonic of Fosc and OFF for DC and all other frequencies.
The HB-oscillator analysis solves the nonlinear task:

|Iosc(Fosc, Vosc)|/Vosc = 0 (1),

using as initial guess Fosc=FoscSS and Vosc_port set by you (otherwise it will be set as default value) before running the nonlinear oscillator analysis. The equation (1) means, that the in Steady-State regime the amplitude of 1st harmonic of voltage at OSC_PORT-node will be exactly equal to the amplitude of the external voltage source Vosc_port, current of the external source is zero and the source not affects to the circuit regime. If the HB-oscillator analysis has been converged successfully, the table of the HB-oscillator analysis parameters will shows enough small values of the |Iosc| and "oscillator admittance" Gosc=|Iosc/Vosc| (typically |Iosc|<1uA, much smaller, than the oscillators nodal currents), otherwise you set wrong initial guess for Vosc and HB-analysis will show the convergence issue.

I've attached here a simple example of the AT32011-LC oscillator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back