Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me start a GPS project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nart

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to do a gps project.But i dont know anything where i can start.is there anyone wants to help me:)

Re: GPS project.

wat kind of project do you want to do...??

making a software, doing a theoretical analysis, hardware...??

I'm working on implementing the GPS receiver algorithm in MATLAB. I started doing it a couple of months back. Till now I've completed the theoretical part (i.e. studied how GPS receiver works and how the position is calculated).

GPS project.

can you explain more about the project
ie. what do you want to do?

abhinandan_verma1313 said:
I'm working on implementing the GPS receiver algorithm in MATLAB. I started doing it a couple of months back. Till now I've completed the theoretical part (i.e. studied how GPS receiver works and how the position is calculated).

That's neat. Software receivers are neat. What do you use as the RF front end?

Hi abhinandan_verma1313 can u contact me at my email hamidraza22(at)hotmail.com i wana have info about gps

kender said:
abhinandan_verma1313 said:

That's neat. Software receivers are neat. What do you use as the RF front end?

I'm not doing a hardware implementation of the receiver... just writing a code in MATLAB for the receiver...

can you send me all files you have about gps.my project is tracing vehicles with pc by using gps.i will use atmega128 in this project.it is not a simulation.
e mail: burakaytan@gmail.com
thanks.

Nart said:
can you send me all files you have about gps.my project is tracing vehicles with pc by using gps.i will use atmega128 in this project.it is not a simulation.
e mail: burakaytan(at)gmail.com
thanks.

hi... i just have the files and books having some details about the theory related to the topic...

just the mathematical analysis... i don't have the code with me... if you need ne help in theory, let me know... will mail you whatever i have...

Hello Nart
I implemented the GPS project in Automotive navigation system on 8051. The selection of Atmega128 is wonderful as it has 2 serial ports so you can interface the GPS from one side and interface the PC from the other. You will interface the GPS as a black box. you dont need to know how GPS works rather than knowing what it outputs.
When the GPS is connected to the supply voltage it generates a flood of serial data.You can use the hyper terminal program of windows to see such data (regarding baud rate).
the output serial data follows the NEMA protocol , you have to search the internet for what NEMA includes , what are the fields and how can you extract information about position from NEMA data.
I developed a C program for decoding NEMA . I can post it for you if you are interested

i am also undertaking a similar project.

GPS project.

anybody knows any WAAS/DGPS capable module?

GPS project.

You could use garmin module, or Telit

Status
Not open for further replies.