Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me solve a matrix (manually or using software)

Status
Not open for further replies.

magneto_cool

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am not very good in matrix manipulation but currently i need to solve a matrix of the form [A] = [C]. Where A, B and C are all 2x2 matrix. Matrix A and C are known and are complex and i need to solve for matrix B. Can anyone provide ways of simplifying and solving for the matrix either manually or using software like matlab.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Re: Matrix Problem

if A,C are known matrixes you can just multiply and get 4 equation with 4 variables.

exmaple: A=C= (1 0 , 0 1) (identity matrix)
and B = ( a b , c d)

then:

1= aa+dc
0=ab+bd
0= ca+dc
1=cb+dd

Remark: i used the identity matrix for simplification ressons but u can solve your problem with any A,C.

Hi,

Thanks for the advise. I understand that having 4 equation and 4 unknown the equation can be solved. However the problem is that solving the equation manually is very difficult because for my case matrix A and C are complex numbers. Is there any way of simplifying the equations using software?

Thank you.

[A]=**[C]
in matlab use i for imaginary part, ex A=[1+3i, 2+5i; 5+8i, 7+3i]
input all your matrices [A] and [C] in matlab like above.
so typing in matlab: B=A\C or B=A*inv(C) (same result)
and yield is B^-0.5
good luck

Hi,

Thanks for the advise but my problem is [A] = *[C]* and not [A]=**[C]. Of course if the 2 B matrix is in the front then solving the problem should be quites straight forward but in my case i don't think it will be possible to arrange the equation such that the we can solve the B matrix directly.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back