Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me select a 3.3V regulator for a project

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigelmercier

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm planning a project that needs 3.3V, to feed an LCD display from a Nokia 3310, and I may also use a 3.3V PIC. I've never used a 3.3V rail before, and I'm a bit overwhelmed but the number of regulators that are available. For 5V it's easy: 7805!

Can someone suggest a simple device, with not too many external components. The input will be in the region of 11V to 14V (unless it's a good idea to derive the 3.3V from a 5V rail?).

Re: What 3.3V Regulator?

I use LE33 devices from ST for this.

They are similar to the 78L05 so their current rating is a bit lower than a 7805 at 150mA but that should be more than adequate for your needs. They are good to 18V at the input pin.

Data sheets are at www.st.com under 'power management', then 'linear regulators'.

Brian.

here it is

50_1259837400.gif

don't 4get to press helped me

Hi,

I used TC1108-3.3V or TC1264-3.3v from microchip. It are the 7803!!

Goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back