Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me port one RTOS to MIPS32K processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinics

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
RTOS port

Hi:
i am a newbie in porting arena and want to port one RTOS (preferrably linux based) to mips processor specifically mips32k For 3 things
1)for learning the process of porting
2) having better understanding of MIPS architecture
3)better understanding of that RTOS
and of course $$$$$$$ (joking :))
kepping these goals
i need guideline on which RTOS to start with.(will like a linux based) but with good community support.[Toolchain will be GCC based SDE GNU]
Apart from this where can i find porting guideline for that RTOS (preferrably linux based)
I will also appreciate if some one can elaborate me general steps involved in porting an RTOS to some specific processor.
jinics

PS: MIPS HowTO for linux. [OK] anything else...........

Re: RTOS port

Hi

I Suggest you ucos-ii this is a well documented RTOS.
This is very flexible. I recomend this strongly.

Regards
Gopi

Re: RTOS port

but what are the steps for porting an RTOS to s specific processor?I don't want much of RTOS thing but want to learn the process of porting? how should i start it? what steps should i take? is there any howto about porting an RTOS to a processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back