Hi all
please advice and help me ..., i need a design a power supply as :

output +5V 5A,+15V 4A,-15V 1A

input 24V dc

i need this design urgent

thanks

Re: Power supply design

Although input is not 24VDC

Is your requirement for a lab supply? If so, You may want to consider converting a computer power supply over to a universal lab power supply, to power all your projects. I did, and it works just fine. Below is the instructions to convert one over.

https://www.wikihow.com/convert-a-computer-atx-power-supply-to-a-lab-power-supply

If this link does not work let me know, and I'll send you the information I have.

Medtronic said:
Hi all
please advice and help me ..., i need a design a power supply as :

output +5V 5A,+15V 4A,-15V 1A

input 24V dc

i need this design urgent

thanks

may b i didnt understand, coz its so simple to me..........

make sure that, 24V dc supply hv greater than 10A current (ur total current is 10A)
then connect regulator 7815,7805(for 15 and 5 volt respectively)parallely,with suitable capacitor.now using ohms law I=V/R.calculate R required for ur current.

As your input voltage is DC (continuous) and not AC (alternate) you should consider to design a switched mode power supply: i.e. transform the DC input voltage into an AC voltage, apply it on a transformer with several taps and rectify, filter and regulate the output voltages.
See an example:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.