Not open for further replies.

uCfreak

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tsop1738 and tsop1736

I wish to make a IR remote controller with a PIC16C745/765. I have found some usefull links to several projects and read the datasheet over and over where I have learned a lot but not enough to make this all work.

In short :
I wish to make an IR remote receiver which reads a signal from a TSOP1736 or TSOP1738. Which input should I use best? RX/TX or a normal port? I was more thinking on a normal port with some kind of timer.

or should I better work with a seperate chip that converts the IR signal and sends out parrallel + maybe even an interrupt?
Is there such a chip for RC5 and/or RC6 coding to a binary number? 'cause that would be great and make everything a lot easier! ( I've found a microcontroller which does this with example program, but does there exist standard chip non programmable?) . I'm now trying with TX/RX 'cause I don't really understand the timer.

Can anybody help me with writing such a program? It would be greatly appreciated. I don't think it should be that hard, but I've already tried whole week and I can't make the stuff work .

hoping on a positive answer

friendly regards

hello hello

A TSOP 1738 is a very cool reciever so that chip is alright. For input a normal port would do that way you can use RX/TX for other purposes, also if you want to use the same board with more sensors in the future using a port would make sense.
I don't know about encoding a binary no. I think you would need to be careful with that as you have a narrow frequency range in remote control.
Do let me know when you are done with the encoding I would like to learn how its done. As far as programming is concerned, you have to learn it on ur own pick up any book and start off , programming is not really very difficult once u get the hang of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…