Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me make an IR remote controller with a PIC16C745/765

Status
Not open for further replies.

uCfreak

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tsop1738 and tsop1736

I wish to make a IR remote controller with a PIC16C745/765. I have found some usefull links to several projects and read the datasheet over and over where I have learned a lot but not enough to make this all work.

In short :
I wish to make an IR remote receiver which reads a signal from a TSOP1736 or TSOP1738. Which input should I use best? RX/TX or a normal port? I was more thinking on a normal port with some kind of timer.

or should I better work with a seperate chip that converts the IR signal and sends out parrallel + maybe even an interrupt?
Is there such a chip for RC5 and/or RC6 coding to a binary number? 'cause that would be great and make everything a lot easier! ( I've found a microcontroller which does this with example program, but does there exist standard chip non programmable?) . I'm now trying with TX/RX 'cause I don't really understand the timer.

Can anybody help me with writing such a program? It would be greatly appreciated. I don't think it should be that hard, but I've already tried whole week and I can't make the stuff work :(.

hoping on a positive answer

friendly regards

hello hello

A TSOP 1738 is a very cool reciever so that chip is alright. For input a normal port would do that way you can use RX/TX for other purposes, also if you want to use the same board with more sensors in the future using a port would make sense.
I don't know about encoding a binary no. I think you would need to be careful with that as you have a narrow frequency range in remote control.
Do let me know when you are done with the encoding I would like to learn how its done. As far as programming is concerned, you have to learn it on ur own pick up any book and start off , programming is not really very difficult once u get the hang of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back