Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me interpret LHC and RHC of a patch antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

danesh

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
antenna parameter

hi,
i have attach LHC and RHC of a patch antenna. Can anyone help me on intepreting graph. I learn before when axial ratio is 0dB the antenna is circular polarized so hw can i get this info from attach graphs.

2. is all microstrip square patch circular polarized?

Re: antenna parameter

Hi Danesh,

By looking the E_RHC field and E_LHC field, you can determine which type of polarization you have. In your case you have circular polarization because the E_RCH field level is higher than the other component. As you can see, the axial will near 0 dB when the attenuation is high.

Bye,
Ludovic

antenna parameter

danesh i will ask you a question
where do you get this graph ,do you get this graph from the EMsimulater soft , and which ?
i don not know how to know the polarization from the HFSS .

antenna parameter

Axial ratio is ratio of major axis to minor axis of polarization ellipse. In presented case this ratio maximal on -40 deg. angle. Usually this ratio shows inverted (ie this figure should from -Inf to 0 dB).

Regards,
Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back