Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me in sensors plzzz.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhavikparekh51

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am an undergraduate and an beginner in robotics with no experience....
Is their any sensor which could measure distance from a point where my robot starts and continuously measures a distance from starting point and after a particular threshold decided point in meters it takes a turn or it stops.....plzz help me...

Thank you

There are Ultrasonic distance measurement sensor which costs around INR 950
or a bit inexpensive way is to use a IR sensor which has a tx and a rx and gives a voltage level according to the distance from where the ray is been reflected back.
but the IR sensor is not that effective it works for a short range also

There are Ultrasonic distance measurement sensor which costs around INR 950
or a bit inexpensive way is to use a IR sensor which has a tx and a rx and gives a voltage level according to the distance from where the ray is been reflected back.
but the IR sensor is not that effective it works for a short range also

Thank you for the reply

How would this ultrasonic sensor work in my application?? can u please explain it to me....??
could i measure a distance of 50 meters with this type of sensor or i need to go for laser???

please help.....

Thank you

HC-SR 04 is an ultrasonic sensor but its range is upto 4 m

here's the data sheet
http://users.ece.utexas.edu/~valvano/Datasheets/HCSR04b.pdf

and to ans your question how can you use it in your work here's an example project
**broken link removed**

- - - Updated - - -

I am not really sure about a range of 50m I searched on net there are ultrasonic sensors but are they available or not or how useful are they I am not really sure.

FT 90 ILA and FR 90 ILA there range is around 250 m
here is the data sheet
http://www.sensopart.com/jdownloads/Handbuecher/Messende%20Sensoren/06813621_fr90ila_ft90ila_fr91ila_ft91ila_e.pdf

When I read the first post carefully, I feel this issue does not necessarily demand for a sensor, the issue can more conveniently be handled in the firmware controlling the robot by keeping track of the movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back