Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me in my graduation project ( jammer locator )

Status
Not open for further replies.

amrshata

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys i working on a project based on finding a jammer at a certian freq i'm new at that field

so while searching on the internet i find there are several ways for discovery of the position can be realized utilizing range measurements
including received signal strength, time of arrival, time difference of arrival and angle of arrival.

so what tech. is better what freq should i work on that's will be more easy to implement what tools should i use

i'm just at the start so any information will be very helpful , and if there are articles on that fields it will be very helpful

thanks in advance

first of all think about how sensitive you gonna make it then you have to use those tricks accord to level u wanna do
it can be toy like to properly designed those of government agencies like

finding a jammer at a certian freq
That's not always the case - sometimes there are more broadband devices (because comms can be spread-spectrum or frequency-hop).

i think it must be good enough , so what tool should i use

- - - Updated - - -

That's not always the case - sometimes there are more broadband devices (because comms can be spread-spectrum or frequency-hop).

yeah but i just build a concept device ,,, and if it's spread i think the jammer will impact the whole wide band .

any help
????

- - - Updated - - -

now i considering working on 433 mhz or 2.4 gigha hz ,,,, and the detection type i will use angle of arrival

so how could i measure the phase difference if i receiving on two antenna's

There is a good book called "microwave passive direction finding" by Lipsky that has about 200 ways of doing it.

You can also access some ham radio pages on DF techniques--something the hams do as a hobby.

I think your project is similiar to the mobile phone location in the mobile telecomm networks. That is very traditional problem.

I think your project is similiar to the mobile phone location in the mobile telecomm networks. That is very traditional problem.

so ? is it hard ... i just begin reading some book .. some on linear algebra ( eigenvalue and eigenvectors ) and estimation of angle of arrival ,, dunno should i continue or not

The precision of known techonologies can reach about 50m or even less using mobile networks. You first should know various location techonologies.
If you want to chanllenge them, you can go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back