NoHa111

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
it is my first time to deal with microcontrollers
i found this website and that made me happy but i felt i am just a kid that don't know nothing.
anyway, i use the microchip pic16f627 and i gonna make a small project
i use mplab v7.01
i don't know how to use an LCD with my project which is a simple calculator and when i will go and buy an LCD will i just say a wanna an LCD or what??
and i also wanna u to help me in the c code as i wanna make my calculator contains M+ and M- and i don't know how?
i also wanna ask if i wanna make more than 1 interrupt in each i need a diffrent process to be executed.how can i do that??

That's a complicated project to start with. You may want to write a few programs just writing messages to an LCD or detecting which button was pressed to begin with. Then you can move on to the math, etc. I suggest checking out www.piclist.com

Yes, you will ask for a "LCD module."

Interrupts will jump to vector 0x0004. There you will check for the possible interrupts that got you to 0x0004. It's kind of like an if-elseif-else-endif block. If you're using assembly you can use conditional jumps (btfss, btfsc) to build the if-endif block.

NoHa111

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

NoHa111

i m assuming u understand 'c' very well, go and download proteus lite in case if u dont have, http://www.proteuslite.com/

go to HELP > Smaple Designs >Contents > Microprocessor simulation design > PIC samples > PIC16 Calculator with IAR C

open it and u will find a PIC16F876 calculator with alphanumaric LCD and in the folder u will find source code written in C, u can hav an idea abt PIC calculator from there

regards

NoHa111

The most simplest is try to flash a LED. If you can't do that, think no further.

hill said:
The most simplest is try to flash a LED. If you can't do that, think no further.

for sure i know how...
it just confusing me the use of LCD as i haven't tried it before
honestly,i didn't study microcontrollers in my college yet....you can just say i prepare myself and challenging for understanding the basics bymyself and this small project allows me to go further when summer vacation ends

thanks alot jonw0224,bbarney&ful babu for ur help

if u are dealling ist time with the mcs u must study the the microcontroller 8051 by I SCOT MACKANZIE
u will find every solution of ur problem
opr visit site www.8052.com/tutotrials

NoHa111

i think if you start in mc take steps to be profesional in it.so if you real beginner you can follow this steps to be good one
1- flash led
2-one push button to drive a led
2-tow push button to select between tow led
3-you can use 7-seigment in your project
4-write hello world in an lcd
5-make matrix key board to disply the numbers
6-now you are ready to make your project
[/u]

Added after 54 minutes:

if you have any problem or you can not make matrix keyboard you can mail me and with my pleasure i will do my best

NoHa111

Status
Not open for further replies.