Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me identify IR receiver pins !

Status
Not open for further replies.

SphinX

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ir receiver pins

Hi,

I went to electronics shop to buy a ir receiver unit
the seller give me one without any data on it and he said this unit will work on all Tv !

Now, i want to determine the pins of this unit (VCC,GND and DataOut)
Can you help me ?

Thanks

Hi
is there any mark on componenet ?

The SFH 506 or the newer replacement SFH 5110 are the most common IR-receivers. Here is a datasheet for SFH 5110: www.infineon.com/cgi/ecrm.dll/ecrm/scripts/public_download.jsp?oid=8562
But not all IR-receivers are pin compatible with this one, so you have to know the name of the receiver. They should know that where you bought it.
Of course you could try all 6 possible combinations and hope you chose the right one the first time so you don't have to buy 6 receivers. Start with the pinouts from the SFH 5110 datasheet.

Hi,
If it is shielded type then one pin will be easy that is ground and the inside the module,a electrolitic capacitor help u to determine the supply too. The remaining pin will be output that can normaly drive LED with 100 ohms resistor in series.
Also use few ohms resistor in series the supply to ir module (10ohms). which will be also give u safety when finding pins.
Use any normal ir remote of home applinces.
:wink:

from my experience there are 3 tipes of pinouts for an ir receiver:
1-st type there are 3 pins 2 very near and one far away
2-nd type all 3 pines are near
3-rd type the 3 pins are near but streched

check also the winlirc page and also
https://vgman.narod.ru/ir/ir/ -this is the only page that have the pinouts for the 3-rd type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back