Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me :( how to a high voltage and high slew rate amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkdr2001

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to make a high voltage and high slew rate amplifier

output voltage need more than +-40V

and slew rate need more than 300V/us

but i can't think of a good method to make

who can help me?

What do you mean by "make". Is this an IC circuit design, discrete design, or one using IC amplifiers?

What is the application; Switching, audio or what?

You will probably need to also use discrete transistors. What is the load and what is the maximum rated output power spec? And what frequency range does it need to be able to amplify?

It would help if we knew what the purpose of this amplifier is.

I am going to use this amp produced a test instrument, he was driving capacitive and resistive mixed loads, capacitive loads around about 1nF

- - - Updated - - -

You will probably need to also use discrete transistors. What is the load and what is the maximum rated output power spec? And what frequency range does it need to be able to amplify?

I need this amplifier bandwidth from DC ~ 500KHz

When the output frequency of the DC, I hope you can output 300mA maximum current

We need to develop more-complete and more-accurate specifications.

What is the rest of the load spec? i.e. what is the possible range of the resistive component of the load impedance?

And what input voltage would you be seeing, when the output would need to be 300 mA? OR, what is the Gain factor it needs, i.e. Vout/Vin?

You originally said more than +/- 40V and more than 300 V/us. Assuming Class AB, if one transistor polarity had to slew the output from 0 to +40 at 300 V/us, that would imply 40V /300 V/us = 0.133 us rise time, which would imply f = 1 / (3.14 x 0.133 us) = 2.39 MHz.

Also, To get 0.3 Amp DC at 40V, the load resistance would need to be R = v/i = 40/0.3 = 133 Ohms or more. How does that compare with what it might really be?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back