Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me draw a rod in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mns

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to draw a rod, bent by half circle and the radius of cross section at the two ends should be different. can anybody help me in drawing such a geometry in HFSS. thanks

drawing help in HFSS

use a torus and cut it into half

Re: drawing help in HFSS

You might also find the "connect" feature useful. With sweep around an axis you can create curved cylinders.

either torus or sweep both the cases the shpae is not conical. both the end have the same cross section

Does HFSS have a "loft" option that allows you to select two object faces and create a solid between them? I don't have access to HFSS at the moment, so I can't check.

I know that MWS has that option as shown beginning at about the 3:00 mark in the video https://www.cst.com/Content/Showroom/03/03.html.

If HFSS can do this, then you might have to draw evenly spaced cross-sections along the "swept" curve and loft between them to get a smooth cone. If the number of sections is very large, it would be much easier to accomplish with a VBScript.

Sorry if none of this is even feasible.

drawing help in HFSS

You can easily draw it in pro_E and import it into HFSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back