Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me do the final step!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbcx5ps2

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I've successfully modelled the unit cell in the (attached) paper by Popa and Cummer using HFSS and also reproduced the S-parameters. I'd like to use the method in the paper by Hollander and Shivat (also attached) to extract ε and µ for the cell.

Equation (4) in this paper has a term called "η2" in it - any ideas how I can find this using my HFSS simulation? Once I have this, I think I've got everything I need!

Thanks!

I'm not entirely sure, but it looks to me like η2 could be the ratio of E/H inside the cell, or something similar.....maybe intergrate both across the cell and divide? I'm not sure how I would do this though, and I might be barking up the wrong tree entirely.

I'd also like to solve this problem, because then in theory one could model similar geometries and find µ and ε. Anyone else with suggestions?

Yes I was thinking along those lines too but I'm quite new to HFSS and don't really know how to do it.......I can find E/H for a point inside the cell, but then obviously the value varies from point to point...:s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back