Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me design a quarterwave transmission line which will operate in two frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayan_ns

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design a quarterwave transmission line which will operate in two frequencies 1.575GHZ and 2.68GHZ ? help me.

Re: RF and microwave

If it's a 50ohm line, yes.

If it's a transformer, I doubt it, but I don't know your circuit.

it is a transformer , which will transform the impedance from 100 ohm to 50 ohm.

RF and microwave

How can one physical length respond to one electrical length (quarter-wave as you need) at two different frequencies?! I doubt it either.

ayan_ns said:
I want to design a quarterwave transmission line which will operate in two frequencies 1.575GHZ and 2.68GHZ ? help me.

You can use a Chebyshev impedance transformer, consisting of two lamda/4 transmission lines. The electrical length of each transmission line, 90 degrees = lambda/4, is set at (1575 + 2680)/2 = 2128 MHz.

Obviously you can not have a simple length of transmission line be 90 degrees at two different frequencies.

You could design a broadband matching network to cover both frequencies, as suggested above. There are lots of topologies.

You could use a quarter wave transformer, but centered between the two frequencies. That would give somewhat of a match at either frequency extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back