Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me design a 6V power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurav_sdpl

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design a 6V power supply. But the problem is that the input to my linear regulator can go upto 4.8V, so i have to design a circuit which which gives 6V even at 4.8V input.

Can i do this using LM317 in which i build a 4V supply with zener at its common terminal.
I am not very sure of this .

Plz help

Re: Power supply

you need a boost converter.
Can be switchcap based or LC based

Re: Power supply

hi
because you have limitation on input voltage, you haven't any solution except the boost converter. if you are forced to this input voltage, you should do this. but because this solution is complicate and expensive, i suggest you, if your work isn't too sensitive, it is commodios to change your strategy for changing of input voltage.

Power supply

You cannot use a linear regulator for this... Linear regulators regulate it's output by varying a drop across the FET/trAnsistor to maintain it's output voltage.

You may use buck-boost configuration/topology

Status
Not open for further replies.