Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me construct a RF dog fence solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmp

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i have 2 Golden Retrievers in the garden, but they are able to make to much trouble.

The solution where a dog fence. It contains a radio transmitter, receiver, and a long wire as antenna. The transmit frequency is n*10kHz. If the receiver is near to the antenna (buryed in the garden, next to the object/plant which is forbidden for the dog) it makes an ultrasonic noise, or vibrates in the neck of the dog..

did someone build such an device? I Need to comstruct one.. the ultrasonic/vibrating part is not the problem.. Just the transmitter/receiver section. It must be stable enough to be sure that no unnecessary alarm happends..

can someone help me with some schematics, ideas?

I know.. it's possible to buy such a device from ebayfor 200-250$, but with shipment and dutyis it to expensive.. and i need 2 of them :)

I think, that it is a simple circuit, but I'm not an expert in RF design..

RADIO DOG FENCE

Try a long lead tied to a stake in the ground, just too short to reach the forbidden object. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back