Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me connect 555 circuit to two different power sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

snf280

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI FRIENDS
I WANT TO CONNECT THIS CIRCUIT TO THE TWO DIFFERENT POWER SOURCE
ONE IS 9VOLT 500mampS POWER SOURCE AND THE OTHER IS

9VOLT 1AMPS POWER SOURCE .TO DO SO DO I NEED ANY CHANGE IN THE CIRCUIT.
ALL THE RESISTORS ARE 1/4 WATTS
THANK YOU
ekams

Re: 555 CIRCUIT

This circuit will "consume" less than 100mA, so any power source that can deliver this sort of current (@9V) , or more, will be OK ..
Just remember to add a current limiting resistor in series with both diodes ..

Regards,
IanP

Hi,
Nine volt supply rating really should not matter, but the basic circuit may need some current limiting resistor at the collector of BC546. Also, base resistance of about 1.2 k should suffice if collector current is limited to around 200 mA peak.
Regards,
Laktronics

555 CIRCUIT

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND REPLY

I suggest putting a 56ohm resistor at collector, and changing the base resistor to 7.4k-ohm. Then the current of LEDs is limited to 100ma, and the transistor gets its saturation level very well.
In this way, the consumption of your circuit lowers ,and you have no problem with your any power supply, even a weaker one.
Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back