Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me choose a motor used for moving a robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaccas

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need a help regarding motors used in robot for moving its body either servomotor is suitable or stepper motor and for angular moment should we used ac motors or some other type of motors

Re: robots project help

That depends on what the part is supposed to do..... if u want continuous controlled motion, u normally use a stepper motor or a geared DC/AC motor. for controlled motion between 0 and 180°, and low torque applcations an RC servo is suitable. For uncontrolled motion the selection of motor depends on the type of power supply u would have available.

vaccas said:
i need a help regarding motors used in robot for moving its body either servomotor is suitable or stepper motor and for angular moment should we used ac motors or some other type of motors

atcually it depend on your robo's functions and size.

if you are doing some college project then i will suggest you Stepper motor.

The robots power supply will also affect your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.