Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me about continuous deltal sigma modulator problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanhphysics

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

I 'm a final year student . I hope all of you can help me my problem when i simulate continuous delta sigma modulator.

question 1 : How i can model half delay block by Simulink ?
I try to model block ( z^-1/2) ( see figure attached ) but in Simulink library don't have block (z^-1/2) .
Do you know how to model or any other block can do ?

Question 2:
when i got new loop fileter transfer funtion (To make up a half clock cycle delay, the equivalent transfer function with halved sampling time is derived as:)

L1(z^1/2)=( -0.7567 z+0.456z^1/2+0.545)/(z^3/2+0.5678*z+0.345*z^1/2+1)
the CT loop filter transfer function L1(s) for NRZ type DAC can be calculated using Matlab as:
Actually i know how to convert L(z) into L(s) for NZR type ADC but dont know how to convert L(z^1/2) to L(s) for NZR type ADC by Matlab. Can anyone guide me?

I look forward to hearing anyone can help me . I very nervous coz my project prepare for deadline.
Thanks all

hi xanhphysics,

for the first question my suggestion is that using z^-1 block with half of sampling frequency.

thank jiangxb ,anyone can help me I hope you can give me some sugesstions

hi xanhphysics,

for the first question my suggestion is that using z^-1 block with half of sampling frequency.

Is that half of sampling time or half of sampling frequency? I think it should be half of sampling time, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.