Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: libc.so.4 problem with both IC5033 and 5141

Status
Not open for further replies.

niuqi

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My OS is Debian3.1. It will report an error below while installation of both 5033 and 5141.
Checking data files...

Executing control programs (pre-load) ...
/bin/csh: can't load library '/lib/libc.so.4'
No such library.

SL-10:Installation of dfIIdb50.41-p103lnx86 declined by control program (PRE_LOAD)
dfIIdb50.41-p103lnx86 will not be installed

I only have libc.so.6, which links to libc-2.3.5.so. And I cannot solve it by creating a "libc.so.4" linking to libc-2.3.5.so. if I do so, the setup program will report "exec format error".

It seems that I need an older libc? Does Anyone know to what file the libc.so.4 links?

I have installed IC5033 on Fedora Core2, but I remember I also had the problems you pointed out. I need to check back to find my solution. If you can semd me a message (mystrip@yahoo.com), I can email you after I find out.

CC

niuqi said:
My OS is Debian3.1. It will report an error below while installation of both 5033 and 5141.
Checking data files...

Executing control programs (pre-load) ...
/bin/csh: can't load library '/lib/libc.so.4'
No such library.

SL-10:Installation of dfIIdb50.41-p103lnx86 declined by control program (PRE_LOAD)
dfIIdb50.41-p103lnx86 will not be installed

I only have libc.so.6, which links to libc-2.3.5.so. And I cannot solve it by creating a "libc.so.4" linking to libc-2.3.5.so. if I do so, the setup program will report "exec format error".

It seems that I need an older libc? Does Anyone know to what file the libc.so.4 links?

Hi first check for something like "libc.so.5", then make a symbolic link to libc.so.4 from it.
I have tested such thing in Redhat times ago and worked.

tnx

Status
Not open for further replies.