eda_wiz

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
install nclaunch

hi friends,
how will i set the path variables for LDV 5 in Linux.

thanks

ldv setup.sh

if you use bash .

open the file .bash_profile which in your /home/yourname

and add the line : export lm_license_file=/path/yourlicensefile

BUt when i try ./nclaunch it says cadence installtion path not set... HELP

Just add these to the end of your .cshrc file or modify it as you want.

setenv LDVDIR /<your ldv path>
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $LDVDIR/tools/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
set path = ($LD_LIBRARY_PATH $LDVDIR/tools/bin $LDVDIR/tools/verilog/bin $path)

LDV can not install in the IC direction.

I also had to make a symbolic link
<INSTALL_DIR>/tools -> <INSTALL_DIR>/tools.lnx86

hi all,

" I also had to make a symbolic link <INSTALL_DIR>/tools -> <INSTALL_DIR>/tools.lnx86 "

How can i make a symbolic link to tools.lnx86 in linux..

ln -s <INSTALL_DIR>/tools.lnx86 <INSTALL_DIR>/tools

hi, friends

when i click Tools->Verilog Compiler... i got this error msg (Ther was an error including "$CDS_INST_DIR/tools/inca/files/cds.lib" in your cds.lib file. Please check your installation. Would you like to continue ?) after this i push "No" button, and it indeed pop up the "Compile Verilog" dialog window. So I start another Terminal window and try to search for the cds.lib, but find Nothing out from the installation tree ???!!! What's wrong with my installation. I just un-tared it into "home/cad/ca*n*ce" directory. Am I doing it right ? and What is this "cds.lib" content ?

Another problem, the NCLaunch help menu doesn't work. Echo back 'Help Error: Failed to open document "NCLaunchUserGuide". Checksoftware installation(Tag File is Missing)' in the command window. Where are the Document/Manuals located ? Looking into the <installed_dir>/tools.lnx86/cdsdoc, there is only one bin subdirectory with two files "list_pdf.pl and obServer" in it and nothing more. Why ?

If you wanna to open the LDV helps,you must install netscape.

galant said:
If you wanna to open the LDV helps,you must install netscape.
I think the Mozilla is already installed by default when I installed RH 8.0, because I can open html files. During my tries in these 3 days, I got the following result. If I left the Mozilla opened with any html file, not necessarily using those htmls from ldv/doc directory, next I start "nclaunch -new &" then I can click & open the nclaunch's HELP menu.
If I click the "Help->NCLaunch User Guide", then Mozilla opens "NCLaunch User Guide, Product Version 4.1" on its client area. It also shows a line "http://myws:9000/home/cad/Cadence/ldv/doc/nclaunch/nclaunchTOC#firstpage" in the Mozilla's tools bar input window. But if I close both Mozilla and NCLaunch, next I re-start NCLaunch. In this case if I click the "Help->NCLaunch User Guide", the nclaunch report error in the command window as "Help Error: Failed to open document "NCLaunchUserGuide". Check software installation (Viewer Can't Start) ". As I had said in previous post, I got this APP(v4.1s2) from their ftp site, a tar.gz file, I just untared it into a directory. In the destination directory I can see an "install" and "doc" sub-directories, but I don't know how to run "setup/install", because I don't see any file with a name of "SETUP.SH" or something like that. But if I download any newer version then this one, after untared it, there isn't any "install" or "doc" sub-directories existed at all in the un-tared directory. So my guess all of these versions are NOT complete version at all, am I right ? If my guess were wrong, then who can tell me where to run setup/install script like "SETUP.SH" ? Any kindly helps are all my appreciation. BTW, if you know where can get a complete package, please PM me.

I also encountered an error message
after I installed (in fact, just extract the tared file and make a link)
I saw an error message when I start nclaunch
The message says: Error: Unable to find an 'hdl.var' file to load in

What does it mean and how to fix it?

At the very beginning when I tried to install it, I had had this problem also. Then I try to create an CDS_INST_DIR environment variable by using "export CDS_INST_DIR=<your_tared_directory>" in ~/.bashrc. This will solve this issue. But I don't know if my fix is correct or not. Regarding the complete package, I think we have to find out the BASE release. Who can help this ?

Hi, all:

Is the zipped file ncv-complete-5.10-s006-lnx86.tar.gz for LDV 5.1 for Linux RH 7.2 ? Does it include all of baseline files of LDV 5.1?

How do I set up the environmental variables for LDV51 and license file if I use csh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.