Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Help: Interview Questions + Crash Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

hshah8970

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone.

I have an interview tomorrow for the position of an entry level embedded systems engineer. I was hoping you all could give me some pointers as to what questions you would ask if you were interviewing me (along with their answers).

I would also appreciate if you could share helpful online resources that would help me quickly revise concepts of embedded C programming and MCU concepts overall.

Required skills for the position include:

* In-depth knowledge of C and Assembly.
* Understanding of various 8/16/32 bit Microcontroller/Microprocessor Architectures e.g. Coldfire, Renesas, 8051, Microchip, Motorola etc.

I would highly appreciate quick responses since I do not have a lot of time to prepare. Thanks to everybody who replies.

Good luck with the interview!

Sorry I can't help with the questions - I don't know anything about embedded systems. The only advice I can give is to get a good night's sleep so you're mentally sharp.

Maybe you could highlight if you're very sharp at interpreting microcontroller datasheets to understand how to use the peripherals on microcontrollers (e.g. UART), and if you're also aware of the constraints of memory and throughput and how to debug using pins on the microcontroller or (say) serial interfaces.
Also if you are familiar with toolchains such as gnu-based (e.g. gcc) since they are used by many microcontrollers. And if you are able to port code to different devices.
Also, they may be looking for a good mix of software and hardware experience.

Thanks for your respoThe interview was simple enough. The guys asked me about the academic projects I was involved in.

I suppose that more technical questions will be asked from me if they decide to call me for a second interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back