HELP: I need Information about this kind of digital clock..

Status
Not open for further replies.

CS_achie

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
:? what do you think are the needed materials to make this kind of digital clock? exactly like this one:
**broken link removed**

how much would it cost? and how is it made? does this need a microcontroller?

someone said to me that this would cost around P8,000 -P10,000 or $200 because he will be using a microcontroller..

i honestly don't have any knowledge about electronics..
but i really need this for a feasibility study..
please, please help me.. i hope to graduate this school year..;-)

$200 is quite exagerated ...
**broken link removed**
for something that does the same thing as yours, not the exact shape but who cares ?

Hi,
There's no way that can be $200, shouldn't even be $50. Microcontroller may be used and it can be done without microcontroller as well, but I think it's better if microcontroller is used. You would need a suitable display (LCD for your purpose), some push-buttons, a suitable casing, accurate crystal, RTC chip (can be done without this as well) and microcontroller.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

You can buy a microcontroller for about $90

Hi jason,
Which microcontroller are you talking about? Microcontrollers generally cost less than $10, the small 8-bit ones usually less than $5. Add $20 more and you can get a quad-core PC processor.

Tahmid - you are correct about microprocessors, some here are less than $1 but I've never seen quad core PC processors for $30. Their prices in the UK are around $200 !

Brian.

Hi,
I meant, add $20 more to $90. Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about AMD Athlon II X4 or that amazing AMD Phenom II X4 820 some of which can be found at around $105 at Newegg.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…