Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP: I need Information about this kind of digital clock..

Status
Not open for further replies.

CS_achie

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
:? what do you think are the needed materials to make this kind of digital clock? exactly like this one:
**broken link removed**

how much would it cost? and how is it made? does this need a microcontroller?

someone said to me that this would cost around P8,000 -P10,000 or $200 because he will be using a microcontroller..

i honestly don't have any knowledge about electronics..
but i really need this for a feasibility study..
please, please help me.. i hope to graduate this school year..;-)

$200 is quite exagerated ...
**broken link removed**
for something that does the same thing as yours, not the exact shape but who cares ?

Hi,
There's no way that can be $200, shouldn't even be $50. Microcontroller may be used and it can be done without microcontroller as well, but I think it's better if microcontroller is used. You would need a suitable display (LCD for your purpose), some push-buttons, a suitable casing, accurate crystal, RTC chip (can be done without this as well) and microcontroller.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

You can buy a microcontroller for about $90

Hi jason,
Which microcontroller are you talking about? Microcontrollers generally cost less than $10, the small 8-bit ones usually less than $5. Add $20 more and you can get a quad-core PC processor.

Tahmid - you are correct about microprocessors, some here are less than $1 but I've never seen quad core PC processors for $30. Their prices in the UK are around $200 !

Brian.

Hi,
I meant, add $20 more to $90. Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about AMD Athlon II X4 or that amazing AMD Phenom II X4 820 some of which can be found at around $105 at Newegg.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back