Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help:I am a student in China started with mcu

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Shanghai you'll find Holtek company, which is a manufacturer of 8bit microcontrollers.
Its website is www.holtek.com , but I'm not sure that Holtek MCU are the best solution for a student.
Infact they are OTP versions (not flash) with a very low cost, suitable for large volume production.
The IDE environment is free and very very comfortable, and permit to devolop code in both ASM and ANSI-C with several extensions. A simulator is included. Also, You can buy the real time In Circuit Emulator for a very low price (about 300 EUR, in Italy).

If you need a MCU not for large volumes, but just for try MCU programming, take a flash MCU!! 8051 is widely used, and very easy to program (in ASM) due to its CISC core. Don't take RISC MCU if you need plan to use only ASM! It will be a waste of time!

Regards. Paolo

:eek: hi :eek:
In my opinion
8O Firstly 8O
You have to learn pic micro.
Because Many designer use pic micro and you can find alot of example and source on the internet .
8O Secondly 8O
You have to select pic c compiler especially "CCS Pic c compiler".
Bye...

Start learning from the MCU manufacturer web sites to get all information

Then design which chip you want to go into for which applications.....

Also which programming language you want to use.

Just like that...

AVR are very easy and powerful for 8-bit MCU, optimized architecture for C compilers makes C coding more efficient. try CodeVision AVR or the Free AVRGCC

Hi,
I think that 8051 is easy. if u want to build any project u may use bascom for writing software and simulator, and hardware simulator proteus is best.
try it, u will learn more ur hardware work will be solve.

:p

Masud Rana
Matrix Electronics Fourm
Dhaka
Bangladesh

wangcao:
I am in ShenZhen,China.
if you need help,please tell me.
my email:john168168@21cn.com
john yin

GO to

This is in word document. Source from workshop PIC talk.

Its include

- Basic understanding of PIC, how to understand PIC datasheet
- Problem for PIC beginner
- Hitech sample source code and schematic is attached

I am in ShenZhen
I think,start learning from Msp430
www.ti.com

I think the easiest to start with is the 8051 of Intel family. There are many micro-controllers that are compatible with the intel 8051 family like micro controllers of Atmel. DS5000 from Dallas semi-conductor and controllers of Phillips. The main advantage of Pic controllers is that they are fast due to RISC architecture. The best book for 8051 which i think is "The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems" by "Muhammad Ali Mazidi and Janice Gillispie Mazidi". This book is published by Oxford Publishers and u might get it easily....

Status
Not open for further replies.