Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[help]how to simulate input and output resistance in spectre

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyeaglemm

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone ,i am a beginner to ic design, i dont know how to simulate input and output resistance in spectre ,can anyone help me, thanks!

Re: [help]how to simulate input and output resistance in spe

i donot understand what is "spectre".please make it clear.there r many simulators r available. u can easily download them.from help menu u can understand how to use them.

dear suvendu
i mean no matter what circuit simulator we use, either pspice ro hspice, how we usually simulate the input and output resistance of a circuit? for example ,a simplest one-stage common-source amplifier?

practically i do it this way
set ac input to a reasonable value in series with a pot (say 1MΩ) ->initially set pot=0 ->observe o/p->vary pot until the o/p reduces to half->this value gives the i/p resis
For MOSFETs the i/p resis is infinite ->no reason to use this method

o/p resis->set pot in parallel with o/p for fixed input voltage ->pot value=max->observe o/p value->vary pot until o/p reduces to half->pot value gives the o/p resis
this can be proved from the max power transfer theorem

though i havent tried it in simulator ...i think it shud work

Status
Not open for further replies.