Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HELP] GPS characteristic

Status
Not open for further replies.

holypower

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gps characteristic

I'm want to say sorry first if this is not the right place.

I'm planning to make an application using gps for indoor building. I'm planning using u-blox for the GPS. But, I'm not sure if this will work, because some of my friends said that the GPS signal cannot reach indoor building, like at ground floor of a closed building (mall, garage, etc).

So, is my application still possible to make???

Thx

Yes, your friends are right. GPS doesn't work under heavy concrete on inside buildings.

You can buy an GPS antenna with long wire and put that in open air. DONE!

I hope this helps you :)

Oh, i see. But, i have read about u-blox GPS module (i'm forgot about the type, if i'm not mistaken it's LEA4 or something), they said it can work even if it is indoor.

I'm wondering if it's true...

It'll work indoors if it is American wooden house having signal less attenuated. If concrete muti-story building, likely it won'te work couple meters away from window. "Indoor-GPS" is only a marketing phrase to catch your attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.