Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help for "power on reset" circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzlyl2005

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'll design a circuit for "power on reset ".anyone can give me some book for this?
thanks!

will you use ot for MP or MC?
is so just use pullimg up resistor and capacitor
R=1K, C=100µ

Vcc
^
|
|
/
\
/
\
/
\
|
|-------- to reset pin
|
--
--
|
|
|
~ Gnd

I wirte a paper about "power on reset".
Because it is not be published,so I can not give you now.
I only use some nmos and pmos.

go for the technical notes by maxim r ti.com
manish

This being an "Analog IC Design and Layout" forum, please also explain, how this 100uF capacitor will fit on the chip. Usually by Power on Reset, one is thinking about a pulse of a certain duration that can reset all the circuit blocks to a known state.

Also connecting this RC combination with a chip, (with a Cu wire in between) can give rise to ringing, or multiple unwanted reset operations.

A One-shot circuit would be an appropriate solution, but depends on what kind of circuit you are trying to initialize.

you can refer to P.E.Allen's book about Analog circuit design.

Usually it use the method like RC mechanism to generate the power on reset signal.

Hai,
Actually many controllers having inbuit feature for power on reset. like PIC.

for manual reset a resistor and capacitor must be connected inseries another end of resistor must be connected to supply.and in the connecting point one end of a switch is connected and another end must be grounded.

provided the reset pin is logic low.

You can search the internet for this topic or you can search some patents, for example, the US Patent Office (https://www.uspto.gov/) to find for some example. You, then, can see how other people implement the POR circuits.

mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back