Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help finding the logic driver for SPDT Switch MASW-000936

Status
Not open for further replies.

globalone

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am building a bi-directional amplifier and I am trying to integrate the SPDT Switch MASW-000936 into the circuit, but I couldn't find a Logic Driver for this switch.

Does anyone have an idea of something that would let me control Logics input -15v / +15v ?.

This is the link of the Switch
**broken link removed**

your recommendations are much appreciated

Ghassan

well, are u using high power? If so, u need the 28v and 100ma driver output. custom design...no chip to do that. if u need a fast switching time...things get very interesting. PM me if u need ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

well, are u using high power? If so, u need the 28v and 100ma driver output. custom design...no chip to do that. if u need a fast switching time...things get very interesting. PM me if u need ideas.

Hello,

I have sent you a private message , but do you think that I can make the SPDT Switch MASW-000936 to work at switching times between 30 nano seconds to 65 nano seconds ?

Hello,

I have sent you a private message , but do you think that I can make the SPDT Switch MASW-000936 to work at switching times between 30 nano seconds to 65 nano seconds ?

From the switch specifications I can read that the switching speed is 200 ns, so no external circuit can make it faster.

I made 7404 drivers for switches requiring +/- 5 V and -/+5 V to function. This switch needs +/- 15 V and up to 100 mA. I would use CMOS inverters that operate with 15 V, with +/- 15 V DC power supply, or fast operational amplifiers, plus power buffers at output. Like in audio amplifiers, a "totem-pole" stage with PNP and NPN transistors can deliver +/- 15 V at 100 mA. I would use RF power transistors to get he speed of 200 ns, but again, external parts do not make the switch faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you can try to contact Mini-Circuits about the driver details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back