Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: Desing of 1-axis yaw rate gyroscope interfacing with MSP430 uC

Status
Not open for further replies.

giuseppe coletta

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody, I need some help.
I'm working on a project of 1-axis angular rate sensor (gyroscope) able to sense an angular rate of 10rpm...communicating with a microcontroller MSP430 on I2C bus. This sensor has to be mounted (obviously only ideally) on a attitude control system of a satellite.
I have read something about all components and some datasheets, but I have some doubts yet:
1. I chose a gyroscope from Analog Devices (https://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/ADXRS620.pdf)
2. I think I need to design a conditioning circuit in order to interface the output sensor with the uC
3. then I have to program the uC MSP430 in order to manage all parts
Some questions:
- what about I2C bus? do I have to choose a particular sensor (for example with digital output) or can choose a ADC with I2C output or what else?
- does someone have some useful advices for my work, links on projects or schematic design whom I can look at?

Thank you all
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back