Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help...comparison of CFDTD, ADI-FDTD or any other FDTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenderne

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to choose a general-purpose FDTD method, which is fast, accurate and easy for implementation. I read some documents about normal FDTD, CFDTD and ADI-FDTD, but still cannot tell which one is better, somebody say CFDTD is not easy in meshing, others say ADI-FDTD may not stable, etc, really confused.

can anybody give me some advices about the selection of kinds of FDTD methods? which one is best and versatile? thanks a lot in advance.

regards,
tenderne

i think that normal fdtd is the best method that you can start from espeacilly in cartisian coordinates
then after that you can use CFDTD because this method is use to accuratly describe curved structures(metals or dielectric).

Here it is...
The Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD) technique consists of simulating time varying electromagnetic fields in various media with Maxwell's curl equations in the form of finite difference equations, which are then used in a leapfrog fashion to incrementally advance the discretized electromagnetic fields forward in time and solve for them at alternating intervals in space. The main drawback to the use of the FDTD method is the need for large computational resources, notably memory. The amount of memory required is a function of the grid employed to divide the problem space into individual cells. The memory requirements increase with the volume in the computational domain. The Conformal FDTD (CFDTD) code is being developed jointly by RMA and the Navy for direct simulation of large complicated structures such as slotted waveguide array antennas. The ability to run on a parallel computing system and its highly versatile non-uniform meshing tool are two aspects of CFDTD that ease otherwise restrictive computational resource demands. CFDTD code performance including partitioning for parallel processing and computing runtimes are presented herein.
**broken link removed**
if any one has this article upload here...
CFDTD Solution For Large Waveguide Slot Arrays
Authors: T. Q. Ho; C. A. Hewett; L. N. Hunt; T. G. Ready; M. C. Baugher; K. E. Mikoleit; SPACE AND NAVAL WARFARE SYSTEMS CENTER SAN DIEGO CA

---manju---

thans so much for the reply. :D

now i understand that the main advantages of CFDTD are its versatility in arbitrary shape and feasibility in parallel computation.

but how about FDTD and ADI-FDTD, can't they be used for parallel computing, why? and does CFDTD outperforms ADI-FDTD?

regards,
tenderne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back