Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: C@dence Ic cannot start after installation of LDV50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hughes

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
*WARNING* Could not find directory /eda/cadence/ic5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools
I have installed ic5032 before. It works perfectly. Recently I installed LDV50 in another directory. After the installation, I have tried verilog-XL. It works! But I cannot run icfb now. The following is the error messages when I start icfb:
Code:
. Env package not initialized*WARNING* Cannot find /eda/cadence/ic5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/ui directory to load environment variables
*WARNING* envSetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'ui'
*WARNING* Cannot find /eda/cadence/ic5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/ui directory to load environment variables
*WARNING* Cannot find /eda/cadence/ic5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/ui directory to load environment variables
Hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Help: C@dence Ic cannot start after installation of LDV5

Hi,
You must check enviroment variables :
CDS_INST_DIR, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH

Regards
Elektor

Help: C(at)dence Ic cannot start after installation of LDV50

Thanks for your reply. But I didn't modify the environment variables except addition of LDV paths to PATH.

Help: C(at)dence Ic cannot start after installation of LDV50

Does the /eda/cadence/ic5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/ui exist on the system?

Re: Help: C(at)dence Ic cannot start after installation of L

gliss said:
Does the /eda/cadence/ic5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/ui exist on the system?
Yes, it does.

I fixed this problem by restoring ic5033 from a backup tar file.

During the installation of LDV, I selected "Configure ..." after loading "Cadence Catalog". The process took so long a time that I killed it before it finished. Maybe this is the reason that I got such a error.

Status
Not open for further replies.