Not open for further replies.

bry

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
915 mhz oscillator

Hi all, thanks for looking. Here's a newbie question. I need to build an oscillator and have no idea on what's the best way to do it. It is the first part of a project that i am doing and i am hoping to get good signal. I know i will probably need an amplifier for this also because i need to emit 915 MHz out of an antenna also. Thanks for your help.

Use VCO to realize,then ti/maxim/ad have such high frequency amplifier

do you mean to buy a vco and amplifier?

**broken link removed**
Go to this site, ask for a sample, do your design, check the output level and if is necessary put an amplifier. Beware this is a VCO and the frequency is not very stable if is not part of a PLL.
If you are looking for a stable LO, the cheapest way is to start from a quartz frequency (e.x. 101.666MHz) and do the multiplications up to 915MHz.
regards

not so , now the cheapest way is to use something like www.chipcon.com or one from Nordic VLSI , Micrel or Silicon Labs products.

The solutions mentioned above are for transceivers or transmitters that requires at least a processor or a microcontroller for programming. That means more money.

Thanks for the replies, i think i will try using a vco and see if it is stable enough. Would using a crystal and multiplying be more stable and how would i do that? Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…