Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help building a 915 MHz oscillator and amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

bry

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
915 mhz oscillator

Hi all, thanks for looking. Here's a newbie question. I need to build an oscillator and have no idea on what's the best way to do it. It is the first part of a project that i am doing and i am hoping to get good signal. I know i will probably need an amplifier for this also because i need to emit 915 MHz out of an antenna also. Thanks for your help.

Use VCO to realize,then ti/maxim/ad have such high frequency amplifier

do you mean to buy a vco and amplifier?

**broken link removed**
Go to this site, ask for a sample, do your design, check the output level and if is necessary put an amplifier. Beware this is a VCO and the frequency is not very stable if is not part of a PLL.
If you are looking for a stable LO, the cheapest way is to start from a quartz frequency (e.x. 101.666MHz) and do the multiplications up to 915MHz.
regards

not so , now the cheapest way is to use something like www.chipcon.com or one from Nordic VLSI , Micrel or Silicon Labs products.

The solutions mentioned above are for transceivers or transmitters that requires at least a processor or a microcontroller for programming. That means more money.

Thanks for the replies, i think i will try using a vco and see if it is stable enough. Would using a crystal and multiplying be more stable and how would i do that? Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back