Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help amplifying signals at different times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

young.microwave.eng

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
help

Hi everyone
I have a circuit that have 2 inputs A(t1) and A(t2) at times t1 and t2 and 2 outputs B(t1) and B(t2) respectively.
The circuit is analog and as I mentioned befor 2 individual signals applys to the same circuit and the the same port at different times and circuit produce 2 different outputs respectively.
Now this is my question:What is the best way to amplify the difference between B(t1) and B(t2)?
In othe word i'm going to amplify B(t2)-B(t1)

THANKS IN ADVANCE

help

I am not quite sure what you want to amplify- the time difference or the voltage difference. Are you wanting to amplify the difference between two voltages which do not occur at the same time?

Keith

Re: help

dear keith
thanks for your reply
yes your guess is true.
im going to amplify the diffrence between two voltages that does not occure at the same time
hopfuly you can help me
thanks in advance

help

OK, you need a sample & hold. This would sample each signal, assuming you have a clock or trigger which says when the signal is present. If you don't have a clock then you might have to use something like a peak detect. It depends of what the voltages are, how long they last, whether you know when they are about to happen etc so if you can provide some more information I can be more specific about a solution.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back