Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help! Active Band-pass Filter help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunstriker

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am required to modify my passive band-pass filter (low-pass + high-pass) with active device to have a passband gain of 0 dB with no phase inversion. Can anyone show me how to do this? Thanks

the attenuation at 0.1fc1 and 10fc2 should be at least 10db

fc1= 1.03khz
fc2=60.3kz

LPF capacitor value =0.022uF AND resistor value=120ohms
HPF capactior value =0.047uF AND resistor value= 3.3Kohms

Thanks in advance.

Study about Butterworth filters.

There are different order butterwirth filters that can be implemented using R, C and OPAMP. You will find them in any standard electronics book.

subharpe said:
Study about Butterworth filters.
There are different order butterwirth filters that can be implemented using R, C and OPAMP. You will find them in any standard electronics book.

I am afraid that this recommendation is misleading.
Butterworth filters have complex poles (i.e. smaller bandwidth).
However, GUNSTRIKER needs a combination of a lowpass and a highpass - each of first order and each with a real pole.
My recommendation: 2 or 3 days ago a very similar question was posted. Look at the corresponding answers - and you will get valuable information.

Your requirements are exactly met by a first order filter, either active or passive. A first order filter has only one real pole and no differences between filter types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back