Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help about LTC3108 (want to design an MPP control)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miromar

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Actually I am working on human body heat energy harvesting, and I am using LTC3108 . I want to design an MPP control for this boost converter but I don't know what is the PIN working as feedback pin (on other boost converters there is the FB Pin which I don't find in this case) is this feasable ?

Other question, pleaase where can I find LTC3108 device for ISIS library (I want to simulate the MPP algorithm later and I couldn't create this device :/)

Looking forward your answers, and thank you all :)

You'll find a LTC3108 model in LTSpice, probably the only way to simulate the device with a detailed model.

If you study the LTC3108 datasheet and block diagram, you'll understand why it hasn't a feedback pin. It supports fixed programmable voltage levels.

Generally MPP can only work if your system has a variable load, e.g. an energy storage device or a grid that can sink variable power levels. This is a conceptual problem of your project that should be clarified before starting detail engineering.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you for your prompt reply and your help.
I was indeed wondering if it will be feasable by using this step-up converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back