Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help 32 to 8 line encoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumee

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help for logic circuit
If you ahve any idea please tell me.
Below circuit is 32 line to 6 line encoder ciruit. I'm using 8 to 3 line encoder 74148 logic chip. 32 lines are input lines and connect to IR sensor. 6 lines are output and connect to microcontroller. My project work around high frequency, about few nano second.
But below circuit very bad designed. This circuit take much time delay and much soldering, much lenght track, much lenght jumper wire etc. Sometimes this circuit work with error. The sensors work just few nano second. So this circuit is very bad and doesn't work.
How can I do design of this circuit? If you have any idea please help me.
39_1261658851.jpg

Hi tumee,

I think-you have a timing problem, than select the proper IC-Family please!

Please check the site 11...:
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/27389/TI/74148.html
You must have your relative short pulses at right time on the inputs of the logic gates, partically you will need some daleys(R-C elements)!
select other ICs, for exampl. 74ACs (or more better: ALVCs), or minimum Schottky versions, but they are no more "modern" & very power hungry!
You can check it hier too:
http://www.interfacebus.com/Design_Logic_Family_Selection.html
K

Added after 36 minutes:

Tumee,
I forget tos it:
Why can you not apply "pulse stratching" on the sensor signals?
If your IR-signals are more as 20-50 nsev long, you can apply a typical CMSO family, but the 74 TTl are out!
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back